24/30: “11 Things I Find Attractive.”
1. A girl who’s not afraid to smile and laugh. Because there are days when the sun refuses to wake up and leave its covers.
2. A girl that can recommend a great book. Not good, but great. A girl who loses herself in words…and turns them into her own world. A girl who finds knowledge and lessons in her library, showing the value of words and how they can affect someone. How they can make someone feel. How they can make someone remember. How they can make someone forget.
3. A girl with a sense of style. One that can wear dresses. Because if a person’s image is their introduction to the world, then I want a girl that can say more than skinny jeans and Ugg boots.
4. A girl that knows and shares good music. A girl that lets her soul sing along to her favourite songs. Finds freedom in the high notes and finds pieces of herself in her music.
5. A girl with ambition. Because I can fall for who you are but what about who you’re trying to be?
6. A girl with a voice that can make songbirds jealous. Because I’ve spent too much time trying to tune out the fault lines in the cracking of vocal chords and the tides in their wavelengths that I’ve forgotten how to listen.
7. Honesty. Critical and encouraging, but never condescending or babying. Handle me with boxing gloves, makes me stronger. Makes me better. Makes me WANT to be better.
8. Smooth elbows.
9. A girl that thinks. Introspective. Has a throne in her mind and wears her thoughts like a wedding dress.
10. A girl with an open mind. Who will embrace ideas the way her arms open like a home for me. But will stand firm in her own…against the storms and the floods.
11. A girl that can cook. Because I will auction off a part of my heart for a girl that can cook rice and peas, jerk chicken, and is willing to enjoy food as much as I do.